Friday 18 March 2011

multi stemed trees!

Within my design i have a number of multi stemmed trees together, i am now trying to find an image / precedent to show the effect they will give. This is proving very difficult the best i have come up with so far are:

The new winter garden at Battersea Park , designed by Dan Pearson - its center piece is a group of multi-stemmed Persian ironwood trees and five Westmoreland boulders.  The habit of these trees are similar to the multistemed Alnus viridis i wish to use in my park-





 Les jardin de l`arche - Giles Clement



Mass planting of Salix 


San de aviosio



Dan Kiley, the Miller residence:  This is the image I'm trying to find with a high enough resolution for my precedent images, as scanning it from a book isn't good enough- the search continues.  I think the light flat plane of the gravel to the dark tall multistemmed branches make a perfect contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment