Saturday 12 March 2011

Work flow test

Work flow test:
Here is my first attempt at rendering a part of my plan in photo shop, i painted my own trees and scanned them in and simply placed them into place.  By the time i had done this i hadn't learnt the technique of drop shadow- so i created my own with the paint brush tool! but drop shadow is far easier and quicker so use that!! 
I do want to use this technique as i have always wanted to produce work with my stamp on it- i had always imagined painting my waork, but there is not enough time for that , but this is the next best thing- its quicker and much less hassle if something need to be changed!!
to do this a4 size rendering took me under an hour- that with scanning and using this technique for the first time- the aim is that this will be a less time consuming option for rendering.


I then added another layer onto this image - `midnight blue' is recommended- actually i couldn't find this so i just used a very dark blue/purple, then used a rubber to burn away the areas of lighting! It really is as simple as that- this only took me 5 mins to do- so on my final A1 i will spend time and patients to aim for a really professional finish




2 comments:

  1. adele i found the RGB for midnight blue. 25 25 112, but to be honest i like your dark purple more :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thanks- i will try and see if i can work out howto use those numbers!!?! if not i might just keep playing around with it. Hope your getting on alright hun? x

    ReplyDelete